deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 28, 2016

Kruger

Some more safari! We spent two nights in the Kruger National Park in South Africa. The campsites in the Kruger are much more swank than the ones I stayed in in Tanzania - they're basically resorts, with pools and restaurants. Most importantly, they are fenced off, so I slept pretty well without hyenas cackling in my ears. I found, over the rest of the week, that I can handle camping pretty well if there's a fence and a good bathroom.


Giraffes and zebras.


An angry hippo.




Hello!



A huge herd of elephants on a 40 degree day.


A night drive - we didn't see much, but we saw some baby hyenas!


Bonus pics of where we stayed that night, closer to the Botswana border. It was awesome! Kind of glass pods with beds.


Not generally keen on the idea of an outdoor shower, but this one was really cool.


If I ever have an outdoor pool, the shower will look like this.

While in the Kruger it seemed to be easier to spot animals closer to the roads, I think I still liked the Serengeti and Ngorongoro safari better - I preferred the scenery there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.